Abiodun Oni has a Bachelor of Science with specialization in Geology from the University Of Ibadan with proficiency in Six-Sigma processes and Lean techniques. With over 20 years of experience in the oil and gas industry, he is currently a Director at Unitech Drilling Company Limited Nigeria (An Oil and Gas Service Company, he is in charge of Business Development , Marketing and Corporate Management Support Services. In this role, he is responsible for incorporating Marketing, Sales and Business Development, while overseeing Government Relations and Compliances (.i.e. Napims, DPR, Nipex, NSITF. e.t.c), Human Resources and Administration, ICT, Supply Chain and Procurement Division.
His professional career has stretched through multinationals like General Electric, Baker Hughes Inteq in Canada, Nigeria, Oman and UAE and also with CGG-VERITAS of France and Unitech Drilling Company in Nigeria.
With years of experience in the oil and gas industry, he worked in several other countries with diverse cultures and work ethics including Equatorial Guinea, Iran, United States of America, Aberdeen, Senegal, Kenya and The Gambia.
Abiodun Oni is quality-driven with excellent leadership and interpersonal skills. Other qualifications and accomplishments are:
• A total reorganization and refocusing of the Business Development Unit of Unitech Drilling Company in growing revenue by 20%, developing and executing strategies, lead the sales
processes, developing customer intimacy and establishing performance management
• A 10% organic and a 15% inorganic growth performance as a Sales Manager with GE Oilfield Technology with a 10% VOP YR-YR in Canada
• Packaged and created new sales strategies resulting in the winning of new customers, increasing market share and profit margin within the total available market
• By developing and executing a performance management plan strategy I revived a $20MM drilling campaign/contract for BHI with NIOC in Iran
• Trained and experienced in Six-Sigma and Lean Techniques a continuous improvement and elimination of waste in processes and production respectively
• Pioneered and supported the sales team responsible for launching SAGD AC sensor and the new Gamma module, a new product initiative (NPI) in Canada for GE (General Electric).
• Recipient of performance awards as GE’s Highly Valued Employee (2007 – 2008) and Baker Hughes’ Core Value Performance
• Planned, supervised and executed strategies to deliver Baker Hughes successful batch drilling of the EA project for Shell and Abana Platform cluster drilling for Moni-Pulo
• Africa Baker Hughes focal point on the operations of Ultra Slim Multiple Propagation Resistivity (3 1/8” USMPR tool) and Slim Hole Density Neutron (a 4 ¾” SDN tool) for multiple projects.
Oyo State Government – NIGERIA
Commissioner – Oyo State Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources (October 2021 – To Date)
Chairman – Oyo State Mineral Resources and Environmental Management Committee (MIREMCO) (July 2020 – To Date)
Chairman – Nigeria Marble Mining Company (December 2019 – To Date)
Chairman – Oyo State Pacesetter Mineral Development Company (December 2019 – To Date)